Tax Advisors for Individuals and Small Businesses
Sanchez and Santiago offers CPA services to businesses and individuals. The firm partners with their clients as trusted tax advisors, helping them navigate their complex financial scenarios.
Carol I. Sanchez, CPA is the founder and partner of Sanchez & Santiago, LLC and is a trusted tax advisor for her business and individual clients. She has close to 30 years of experience in Audit, Accounting, Internal Audit, Merchandising, International and consulting experience with many multinationals. Carol started her career with KPMG’s Audit Division. From there, she gained experience in Internal Audit with GTE (now Verizon), a then-$20 billion dollar company with diverse industries. Then she launched the Internal Audit function for The Timberland Company, traveling throughout Europe and Latin America implementing new systems and processes.
In 1994, she accepted a position with Staples, Inc. managing a staff of 25 which oversaw the activity and related contracts that flowed through cash registers at all the Stores in the United States. Then, she worked at the Stride Rite International Corp. as the Director of International Operations and Merchandising which oversaw all the company’s inventory, sales and operations outside of the US.
From 2000 to 2004, she worked as the Director of Client Service for Resources Global, managing the client relationships and the delivery of services through its workforce of executive accounting and finance consultants.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- UMASS Medical Center, Marlborough Hospital, Board of Directors, 2011.
- Marlborough Savings Bank. Board of Directors, 2010.
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs (MSCPAs). Member and prior Vice-President of the Board of Directors.
- Center for Women and Enterprise (CWE). Board of Directors since 2007.
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA). Founding member, Past President and current Corporate Advisory Board.
- Voted Boston Business Journal’s “20 on the Move”, 2009
- Won the U.S. Hispanic Chamber and Latina Style magazine’s “Entrepreneur of the Year”, 2006
- Conexion Mentoring Program, MA Institute of Technology (MIT), Mentor
- Marlborough Chamber of Commerce
- Northeastern University’s Latino Cultural Center, Advisory Board
- Governor’s Council on Diversity and Equal Opportunity
- Board of Directors, Metrowest Latin American Center, Framingham
- Metrowest ESL (English as a Second Language) Fund
Maria I. Santiago, CPA has focused her career in the Tax Preparation and Planning areas. Most recently, she worked for Grant Thornton & Co. Prior to that she worked in the Tax Departments of KPMG, American Express Tax & Business Services, and Aubrey, Dixon Riley & Turgeon. Maria’s tax expertise includes such industries as non-profits, construction, real estate, retail, manufacturing, and high technology.
As part of her Tax expertise, Maria has worked in the following areas: Individuals, Partnerships, all types of Corporations at the Federal and State levels, performance projections and tax planning for high worth individuals, preparation and review of tax obligations and compliance including adherence to IRS Code, Regulations and Rulings.
- Board of Directors, Massachusetts Society of CPAs (2 Year Term as of May, 2004), Audit Committee Member
- Board of Directors, Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA) 2000 – 2004, and Vice-President, 2003
Contact Sanchez and Santiago to find out how they can help you or your business with your tax planning, preparation and accounting needs.