Sanchez and Santiago offers CPA services to businesses and individuals. The firm partners with their clients as trusted tax and accounting advisers, helping them navigate their complex financial scenarios. Since 2004, Sanchez & Santiago, CPAs has worked with over a thousand clients helping them launch and grow their businesses, including international clients doing business in the US.
Carol I. Sanchez, CPA is the founder and partner of Sanchez & Santiago, LLC and is a trusted tax adviser for her business and individual clients. She has over 35 years of experience in Audit, Accounting, Internal Audit, Merchandising, International and Consulting experience with many multinationals. Carol started her career with KPMG’s Audit Division. From there, she gained experience in Internal Audit with GTE (now Verizon), a then-$20 billion dollar company with diverse industries. Then, she launched the Internal Audit function for The Timberland Company, traveling throughout Europe and Latin America implementing new systems and processes. Then, with Staples, Inc. managing a staff of 25 which oversaw the activity and related contracts that flowed through cash registers at all the Stores in the United States. At Stride Rite International Corp. as the Director of International Operations and Merchandising, she oversaw all the company’s inventory, sales and operations outside of the US. From 2000 to 2004, she worked as the Director of Client Service for Resources Global, managing the client relationships and the delivery of services through its workforce of executive accounting and finance consultants. Most recently, Ms. Sanchez served as the Commissioner of DCR for the Commonwealth of MA.
Community Involvement, Honors and Awards
- Governor Baker’s Latino Advisory Commission, 2017,
- Main Street Bank a $1 billion mutual bank (formely Marlborough Savings Bank), Executive Committee 2017, Board of Directors & Audit Committee Member 2010 – 2016
- Marlborough Hospital, UMASS Memorial Medical, Board of Trustees 2011 – 2015
- ALPFA Boston. Founder, 1999; President of the Board of Directors 2002 – 2003; Board of Directors 1999 – 2006. Corporate Advisory Board 2006 – 2014.
- Metrowest Chamber, “Athena International Leadership Award”, 2013
- YWCA of Boston, “Academy of Women Achievers”, 2011
- Center for Women and Enterprise, Board of Directors, and Finance Committee member, Boston/Worcester, 2007 to 2010.
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority’s “Women of Purpose Award”, 2010
- Voted Boston Business Journal’s “20 on the Move”, 2009
- Massachusetts Society of CPAs, Vice-President of the Board, Board of Directors, Nominating and Audit Committee member, 2006-2008.
- Won the U.S. Hispanic Chamber and Latina Style magazine’s “Entrepreneur of the Year”, 2006
Maria I. Santiago, CPA has focused her career in the Tax Preparation and Planning areas. Most recently, she worked for Grant Thornton & Co. Prior to that she worked in the Tax Departments of KPMG, American Express Tax & Business Services, and Aubrey, Dixon Riley & Turgeon. Maria’s tax expertise includes such industries as non-profits, construction, real estate, retail, manufacturing, and high technology.
As part of her Tax expertise, Maria has worked in the following areas: Individuals, Partnerships, all types of Corporations at the Federal and State levels, performance projections and tax planning for high worth individuals, preparation and review of tax obligations and compliance including adherence to IRS Code, Regulations and Rulings.
Contact Sanchez and Santiago to find out how they can help you or your business with your tax planning, preparation and accounting needs.